New Season Shopping
For this season's LookBooks, I integrated key trends into summer events and occasions: weddings, summer office wear, graduations, city break, beach and festival i.e. events that require a new outfit but often left to the last minute. You find yourself doing the manic lunchtime or after work sprint around the shops, and that rarely results in a fun shopping trip or a favourite purchase.
Here are my top tips for a full day shopping.
- Have a look at your diary, see what events you have coming up and what sort of outfit you’ll need. Make a list of those and any basics that you need.
- Wear good underwear, make sure your hair and make-up looks great so you can judge the outfits properly. Wear clothes that are easy to slip on and off.
- If you have a few items that need a partner, bring them with you so that you can match up.
- Take advantage of the time you’ve given yourself to try on everything that catches your eye – items can look so different on your body than it does on the hanger, we often have certain ‘me’ items in our head, but do try something different.
- Don’t speed-shop, especially if you’re searching for something really specific. Give yourself enough time to browse, try stuff on, and not get all stressed out.
- This isn’t the time for groups of friends- either take one trusted friend who will give you an honest opinion or ask the staff for their opinion, I’ve always found the sales assistants in Forestside to be very helpful and well-informed.
- Don’t pay too much attention to the size on the tag - pay attention to the way things fit. Sizes vary throughout brands, don’t get too hung up on a number.
- If you are shopping alone, bring a couple of fashion magazines with you, so you can browse ideas over coffee or lunch.
- Don’t forget cosmetics- often we just grab our regular brand while grocery shopping and running through Boots. Take this time to check out new products, colours and special offers.
Here are a few of my favourite pieces in store now.